Home Church Ministry Training
Home Church Leaders
Home Church leaders should be committed to the following task.
They need five things:
- To take the responsibility of spiritually leading a Home Church.
- To do all activities in excellence.
- To carefully and prayerfully select helpers.
- To lead the Home Church in growth to at least twelve members.
- To train an Apprentice Home Church Leader.
- To then gracefully divide the Home Church into two.
- To restart the process of building the Home Church to twelve again.
Home Church Leaders must exercise Leadership.
- To be a faithful Christian.
Faithful Christians have the following characteristics:
- They have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- They have been water baptized.
- They have received the empowering of the Holy Spirit.
- They faithfully tithe of their income.
- They are faithful to their church in all things.
- They live a Godly life.
- They are submissive and teachable.
- A Divine calling.
They need to walk worthy of their Divine calling.
"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called." God calls us to work for Him and He does this by speaking to us in different ways. When He calls us, we feel in our hearts the unction and conviction to work for Him. We make a commitment to do His work and are trained to effectively do His work.
Training involves two things:
- Faithfully following the example of those in leadership.
- Being trained to do the work God requires us to do.
2 Timothy 2:15
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
When it is evident to those in leadership that someone is
- called of God
- that they have submitted to training and guidance, then their calling should be confirmed by the leadership of the church.
Those confirmed may be ordained to the ministry of a Home Church Leader.
Ordination of a Home Church Leader:
The ordination will have the following elements:
- It acknowledges Godís choice and authorization of their ministry.
- It gives the candidate a place and opportunity of ministry.
- It imparts special gifting by the laying on of hands.
- It announces the time of the commencement of their ministry.
- The Church Leadership will recommend those confirmed for ordination.
- Ordination should take place at a Church gathering.
- Candidates should be charged to fulfill all their responsibilities.
- The Church Leadership should then lay hands on the candidate, and impart whatever words, exhortations, prophecies and graces the Lord has given.
- The Home Church leader should then be recognized as a Servant of God.
- The new Home Church Leader should be subject to leadership and spiritual authority.
All leaders must successfully exercise their leadership and not relinquish it to members who have strong personalities.
However they must not Lord over the members in the Home Church. They must also duplicate themselves in new trainee leaders.
There are seven key elements for effective spiritual leadership;
A leader cannot lead unless there are people to lead. By understanding the task that is at hand, a leader can direct and designate ministry roles within the Home Church. Members may be involved in ministry tasks. Responsibilities should be delegated. A leader should exhibit confidence in people and clearly define the boundaries of their assignment and authority. Members should have a clear understanding of what is expected of them and what resources are available to them. These are resources like money, material and information needed to successfully complete the task.
The leader needs to encourage and show appreciation for all efforts and assignments completed.
- A leader must be faithful.
- A leader must have compassion and be friendly.
- A leader must be committed to studying Godís Word.
- A leader must practice the basic Christian principles.
- A leader must lead by example.
- A leader must be a hard worker.
- A leader must be submissive and teachable.
The Leadership team of a Home Church.
The leadership team of a Home Church will consist of the following:
- A Home Church Leader.
Who will care for the Christians in the Home Church.
Who will organize and lead the activities of the Home Church.
- An apprentice leader.
An apprentice leader should be trained by the leader.
2 Timothy 2:2
"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."
The trainee should:
- Carefully observe all the aspects of the Home Church Leader,
- Apply what has been learned,
- Be willing to be delegated,
- Be willing to be corrected,
- Be encouraged,
- Be a faithful co-worker.
- A prayer leader.
A prayer leader should lead and co-ordinate prayer and fasting activities.
- A secretary.
A secretary should help with the administration of the Home Church.
Models of Biblical Leadership
We are fortunate to be living in the end-time. Over the last 6000 years many Godly leaders have set an example for us. It would be wise for us to follow their example.
Leadership examples in the Bible we may follow:
- Enoch walked with God.
- Noah believed God and finished his assignment.
- Abraham was a man of great faith.
- Jacob persevered.
- Joseph was faithful.
- Moses was humble.
- Gideon had limited resources but was obedient,
- David was courageous.
- Solomon was wise.
- Daniel was a person of prayer and fasting.
- Nehemiah was a visionary.
- John the Baptist was brave.
- Peter was greatly anointed.
- Paul worked in excellence.
- John was loving.
The importance of good leaders.
Leaders are chosen to lead a group of people to a specific destination. It is important for them to be able to:
Identifying good leaders.
- Assemble a group of people.
- Unify and keep the group together.
- Keep the journey exciting.
- Reach the destination.
A good leader does not have to have a great personality.
A good leader is a person who:
Steps for recruiting Leaders
- Follows instructions.
- Sets a good example.
- Does their best.
- Does things in excellence.
Tests for potential leadership.
- Pray and ask the Lord for insight and guidance to select a good leader.
- Give potential leaders tasks to assess their willingness and faithfulness.
- Consult with upper Leadership about a potential leader.
- Recruit them for internship.
- By delegation to see how they function.
- Match the person with a task.
- Show and express confidence in the person.
- Let them know what you expect from them
- Follow up on the results.
Appointment to Intern Training.
- Have a meeting and consultation with them.
- Discuss the details of their job description and Train them.
- Announce their appointment and have them ordained.
The Home Church chain of command.
- The Bishop.
- Home Church Leaders.
- Intern Cell leaders.
- Prayer Leaders.