Home Church Ministry Training
Home Church Members
Home Church members should be disciples of Jesus Christ:
- Experience the basics of Christianity -
Discipleship is a lifetime experience.
It is our responsibility to ensure that Christians experience the basic principles of Christianity.
"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."
These basic steps are:
- Faith in God
- Resurrection life
- Accountability in eternal judgment
- 2. Go on to perfection.
Christians can go on to perfection by experiencing the following:
- Reading the Bible, the Word of God
- Being restored in Spirit, Soul and Body
- Witnessing for Christ
- Successful spiritual warfare
- Being a holy Temple of the Holy Ghost
- Experiencing the good, acceptable and perfect Will of God
- Bearing their cross daily for Jesus Christ
"Whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.”
- Discover and deal with hindering spiritual weeds and roots.
Weeds and roots are those things that hinder our spiritual life and growth.
"One hears the word of the kingdom, and understands it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catches away that which was sown in his heart. He that received the seed into stony places, is he that hears the word, and with joy receives it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while:
When tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, by and by he is offended. He that received seed among the thorns is he that hears the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.”
The weeds are:
- Hearing but not understanding the Word of God spoken to us.
- Having no spiritual depth, security or the ability to withstand persecution.
- Allowing worldly cares to make the Word of God ineffective.
- Emotional, mental and spiritual issues.
- Love of money
1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
"Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;”
Weeding our spiritual garden.
Disciples may experience this:
- By understanding the Word of God.
- By being convicted of their problem.
- By being humble and repenting.
- By having no offence towards others.
- By experiencing a new softness and willingness of heart.
- Enjoy fruit bearing.
True Disciples bear spiritual fruit.
"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:”
- Be built up.
Successful disciples are those who are built up spiritually.
"Beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.”
2 Peter 1:5-8
"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”